Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Fallen tree limb...

This tree limb fell this morning (11/11/08), just as Mark was walking out the back door. We were all in the car waiting on him. The ironic thing was that I was the last one out the door, we had already backed half-way down the driveway, when Mark realized he had forgotten his wedding ring and Aggie ring. So, he pulled back up and went inside. (This forgetting something and going back inside is always me, NOT him!) It was at the exact moment when he was walking out the door that it fell right before his eyes.

This is so scary, because this is exactly where Sydney likes to play when she is outside. You can see her swingset nearby... I took a picture of her standing next to the limb (below) so you could see just how enormous this thing is. And what's so strange is that it is not a dead branch (well, I guess it is now!), so, it is very solid and heavy. As I'm sure you know, this could have killed her, or at the very least, injured her badly, had it fallen on top of her. Thankfully, it did not. But it leaves us to wonder, what was God trying to tell us? We aren't sure, but we offered up prayers of thanksgiving that it did not fall while she was out there playing. And we are still thanking Him...

No comments:

Post a Comment