Sunday, June 7, 2009

Finally

I ended up completing my miscarriage on my own at home around 1:45 am this morning. It was, by far, one of the worst experiences of my life. I think I was on the verge of having to go to ER, but, by the grace of God, I was able to avoid that. I am not going to go into much detail here, but Mark and I surprised ourselves by how much we were able to cope with on our own. It was pretty much an all-nighter for us, too, which, as it turns out, worked out the best for us, considering both of our moms were out of town, so we had no back-up babysitters, other than my sister, who has 4 of her own and a husband on call for work this weekend. So, our precious little girls slept peacefully down the hall the whole time. God truly knew what we needed and He did not leave our side.

So, we were able to lay our baby to rest at around 3:30 pm this afternoon, during the hour of mercy. Our priest, Father Michael Lyons, my parents and my sister and her husband were there to help us.

We send a heartfelt THANK YOU to all who walked through this journey with us. We hope you realize you were selected by God to help us through this and for that we will forever by grateful. May He bless you all abundantly for the many ways you have shown His love for us through your prayers and support.

In His hands,
Mark, Jennifer, Sydney and Gianna

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Jennifer... I'm sharing a few tears with you right now. I'm so very sorry for this loss, but I am glad that you were able to walk through this with your husband at home in privacy and peace. I thank God for granting you that gift. Thanks for sharing the pictures.
    You'll be in my prayers tonight again, and I know you know that your child is alive in heaven, just waiting for you!
    Peace be with you...
    Love,
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my we had no idea you were going through this. I am so sorry for your loss. I have no idea what you must be going through, but I am so glad you do have such an Awesome relationship with God and your husband to hlep you cope. You are an amazing woman capable of so many things. Sending you our love!

    ReplyDelete