Being around other pregnant women is not generally what is hard right now. What is hard is being around pregnant women who know what is going on with me and can't help rubbing their tummy in my presence. Right in front of me. I know they don't mean anything by it, but it is still very painful. It feels like they are oblivious to my pain or just don't care.
Another thing that is hard is being around pregnant women who drink or even sip wine or other alcoholic beverages. Anyone who knows me, knows my philosophy while I am pregnant and/or breastfeeding. If it has caffeine or alcohol, I won't touch it. I know that a teensy weensy amount won't affect the baby. BUT, WHY?!?! I won't die without it, so I just avoid it. Now, here I am, still pregnant, only with a dead baby, and, because I am still breastfeeding, I don't drink the wine. But the one who is pregnant with a live baby, is sipping on wine. Talk about a slap in the face! It just goes to show that it doesn't matter how careful one is, we are still not in control. God is.
Wednesday, June 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment